Here are some interesting facts going into the 2017 New York Mets season:
- The Mets have never had back to back to back playoff appearances (2017 could change that)
- The Mets have never had Syndergaard, deGrom, Harvey, Matz and Wheeler all in the same rotation.
- The Mets have never had a clinching game at Citi Field.
- David Wright and Jose Reyes could play next to each other for the first time since the end of the 2011 season.
- The Mets are projected to finish behind the Washington Nationals with 86 wins according the fan graphs.
- The Mets will roll out the same roster they had at the end of last season. (minus bartolo )